UO Thief | Barter Town
Through continued stories hosted here on UO Thief, in the year of 2009 Barter Town was recruiting more
people to Siege Perilous than anyone else, including NEW. I make this statement based on a dip in NEW guild membership reports
made by Shalimar versus our own sightings of fresh faces around town. I saw and talked to an average of 2-3 people each week for an entire year. Some
of these folk were just taking a look around town while others were working in the mines wearing hats. If you take into account the 50 or so THIEF members
not originally from Siege and add that to every other new face around town, you can see how that in the year of 2009 alone, Barter Town had attracted hundreds of
people to the shard.
~ Barter Town ~
During my break from UO from 2010-2014, Barter Town Inc. moved into Barter Town and saved the town from dying and they ran things while THIEF was dormant. In 2014, THIEF
and Barter Town Inc. formed the Barter Town alliance and a new wave of thievery swept through the land and we all lived happily ever after.
~ Features ~
- Guild Tower - Serves as the guild headquarters and has all the usual resources that every guild needs. Not open to the public.
- Mines - The mines are considered private property. Miners are required to wear a jester hat at all times. Failure to do
so will result in harsh measures (such as The Six Step Protocol). Compliance will be met with a casual
"hail" and "farewell."
- Stables - The stables is a convenient place for new thieves to store their pack horses to help train. Also can act as a staging
ground (within guard zone) for public shard-wide events (as seen in Episode 182 and
- Free Loot Crate - The Free Loot Crate is designed to be a public container stocked with armor, weapons, and gear for new players.
- The Black Market - Stocked with treasures that have been stolen & looted from players, rares gathered from IDOC remains, and crafted mining supplies to help
support the local miners.
- Gateway to North Minoc - Anyone choosing to travel between Minoc and North Minoc by foot is required to travel through
Barter Town (as seen in Episode 174).
- Official Player Town - As of April 2014, thanks to Ladra, the Gooch, and friends, Barter Town is an officially sanctioned player town (as
seen in Episode 0387).
- Thief Guildmaster (NPC) - A permanent Thief Guildmaster NPC -- placed by Mesanna herself -- used to join the NPC Thief Guild, which is a requirment
before a player can steal from other players. The Thief Guildmaster also sells Disguise Kits.
- Barter Town Casino - The public face of Barter Town which hosts Casino Night, the recurring event for the town. It
brings in a lot of revenue for members and helps the shard in the long run. The better the shard does as a whole, the more people there are to steal
from (as seen in Episode 0396 and Episode 0397).
Copyright © 2009-2014 uothief.com All Rights Reserved