The Thief Forum FAQ
Section 7: A Thief's Guide to Siege Perilous
7.5: What do I need to know about training skill in ROT (70.0+)?
Rate over Time (ROT) is unique to Siege. Once you get to 70.0 in any
skill, all gains are guaranteed, but you now become limited in how often
you can gain in
that skill with a limited number of gains in a day.
Rate over Time (ROT):
Once you get all of your skills to 70.0, it's possible to log on, use
each of your skills once, and gain in each of them. If all you're
is training your skills as fast as possible, all you have to do is log
off, log back in a few minutes later, and do it again. But the great
thievery is that you don't need to max out all of your skill before you
can start having fun. There are plenty of valuable 1 stone items to
able to Snoop 100% of the time isn't necessary (because all you need is
one success); Hiding is nice (but it only needs to work once); Stealth
at all; and all the other skills are optional.
- Skills between 70.0 – 79.9 can gain 0.1 every 5 minutes, for a total of 5.0 per day.
- Skills between 80.0 – 89.9 can gain 0.1 every 8 minutes, for a total of 4.0 per day.
- Skills between 90.0 – 99.9 can gain 0.1 every 12 minutes, for a total of 3.0 per day.
- Skills between 100.0 – 109.9 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes, for a total of 3.0 per day.
- Skills between 110.0 – 120.0 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes, for a total of 2.0 per day.
Training Thief Skills from 70.0+:
Up until December 2009 you were able to cast a Mirror Image, snoop the
mirror's pack, place an item inside that pack, and steal it to get your
ROT gain. You can't do that anymore. Try using a pack animal in the
stables and get used to carrying around an item of the appropriate
for your gains.
- Stealing - Log in, steal a 8 stone, 9 stone, 10 stone, or 11 stone item, and log out.
- Snooping - Log in, snoop somebody, and log out.
- Hiding - Log in, hide, and log out.
- Stealth - Log in, take a step or two, and log out.
- Ninjitsu - Log in, shadow jump somewhere, and log out.
- Tracking - Log in, use the Tracking skill, and log out.
- Fencing - Log in, attack something, and log out.
- Magery - Log in, cast a 7th or 8th circle spell, and log out.
- Poisoning - Log in, use a Greater Poison potion on piece of food, and log out.
- Detecting Hidden - Log in, use the Detecting Hidden skill, and log out.
Copyright © 2010 uothief.com All Rights Reserved