The Thief Forum FAQ
Section 7: A Thief's Guide to Siege Perilous
7.15: How do I make an explosion trapped crate?
I'm including this in the Siege FAQ section because of how effective it is on this shard. Let's face it, most of the people
you ever find in Felucca on production shards are either unattended macroers or veteran pvpers in all 70's resist armor--both of
which explosion trapped crates have little to no effect. (This is also the reason why I never bothered with them on Napa Valley.)
On Siege, you commonly find people who will die to a single explosion.
How to make a explosion trapped crate in 4 easy steps:
Keep in mind:
- Get a Crate - Any crate will do and long as it comes with a key.
- Trap the Crate - With the Tinkering skill, you'll need a crate, an explosion potion, and an ingot.
- Lock the Crate - Use the key it comes with to lock the crate to enable the trap.
- Magic Unlock the Crate - Use the Magery spell 'Magic Unlock' to unlock the crate while keeping the trap intact.
So if you're going to make a max damage, explosion trapped crate on your own, you'll need:
- The strength of the trap isn't affected by Carpentry skill when crafting the crate. Although, you need enough Tinkering to craft a key.
- The type of explosion potion used to trap the crate doesn't matter.
- The only thing that affects the strength of the trap is the Tinkering skill of the player who traps the crate.
- GM+ Magery is required to Magic Unlock the crate.
- Make sure the crate is facing south/north (with the long axis east/west) or the trap will not go off.
- As long as you follow these steps, the trap can go off an infinite amount of times.
- 40-85 Carpentry (depending on crate size)
- GM Tinkering
- GM+ Magery
- 8-18 Boards (depending on crate size)
- 1 Explosion Potion
- 1 Ingot
Copyright © 2011 uothief.com All Rights Reserved