The Mis-adventures of Chad Sexington
In January of 2006 (post Mondain's Legacy), I created a guild appropriately named THIEF on the shard of
Napa Valley. It started as a personal project just to see if it could be done; to create a pure thief guild who lived,
breathed, and stole in Felucca and didn't rely on scamming clueless people in Trammel as a crutch for their success. No mages,
tamers, warriors, or assassins. Would people join? Would people still be interested? Would it even be fun
anymore? Over the eight years of online play, the thief class had become notorious for the efforts of others to weaken their
resolve. Patch after patch, each ruining the Ultima Online thief just a little, but at every opportunity. Many people
said the class was dead. So naturally I went to prove them wrong.
As soon as I was just about done training my skills, I began my journey. This is
where Episode 001 takes place.
**Note: My adventures on Siege Perilous begin
on Episode 147.
>The Mis-adventures of Chad Sexington
- Episode 001: A lesson in patience.
- Episode 002: Good things come to those who wait.
- Episode 003: Picus vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 004: Better lucky and dead, than not lucky at all.
- Episode 005: With great power comes great responsibility.
- Episode 006: Scroll of Mace Fighting
- Episode 007: Walkabout
- Episode 008: Fun with House Looting (Part I)
- Episode 009: Hamster Wheel of Death
- Episode 010: Bear Necessities
- Episode 011: Fun with Poison (Part I)
- Episode 012: Fun with Poison (Part II)
- Episode 013: TheOneEyedJack vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 014: I will be forever haunted by today's events.
- Episode 015: Sosaria - Through the eyes of a thief.
- Episode 016: Mercy is for the weak.
- Episode 017: Alexandrea 0, Good Guys 1
- Episode 018: A lesson in bloody murder.
- Episode 019: Lizardmen, Bears, and Boats. OH MY!
- Episode 020: Enough death robes to feed a starving country.
- Episode 021: I swear I'll never go back.
- Episode 022: Tragedy in Delucia
- Episode 023: Welcome to the Island
- Episode 024: Quest for Truth?
- Episode 025: Fun with Poison (Part III)
- Episode 026: Slevin Kelevra 0, Good Guys 2
- Episode 027: A thief among giants at Brit Gate.
- Episode 028: Fun with House Looting (Part II)
- Episode 029: Old Habbits Die Hard
- Episode 030: Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
- Episode 031: So much to steal, so little time.
- Episode 032: Raven's Eye vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 033: All's fair in love and war.
- Episode 034: Yoink vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 035: The Chase
- Episode 036: Sugar 'n Spice and Everything Nice
- Episode 037: Return to Terra Sanctum
- Episode 038: Night of the Ferret
- Episode 039: No Shame for the Wicked
- Episode 040: Fun with Poison (Part IV)
- Episode 041: Powerful Peacer vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 042: They say blackrock can cure pinkeye...
- Episode 043: Do what to her? I don't even know her!
- Episode 044: Everyone dies but not everyone truly lives.
- Episode 045: "I could if I wanted to, but I don't wanna." - midiguru
- Episode 046: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
- Episode 047: Said the Joker to the Thief
- Episode 048: The frailties of men in the City of Compassion.
- Episode 049: Symptoms of Greed and of Power
- Episode 050: Super Happy Fun in the Dead of Night
- Episode 051: Sheila, the Needy Moongate
- Episode 052: Years from now, they still will never know why.
- Episode 053: Bob the Miner vs. Tim the Tool Man
- Episode 054: A glorious night in the presence of Baracoon.
- Episode 055: The only thing to fear... is fear itself.
- Episode 056: The Miner, the Goddess, and the Thief (Part I)
- Episode 057: A lesson in humility.
- Episode 058: Finders Keepers in the halls of Despise.
- Episode 059: Escapades of a Dying Man
- Episode 060: A moment of Compassion, a lifetime of Sacrifice.
- Episode 061: WtF? vs. THIEF (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 062: WtF? vs. THIEF (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 063: The things I do for one million gold.
- Episode 064: The Miner, the Goddess, and the Thief (Part II)
- Episode 065: The Miner, the Goddess, and the Thief (Part III)
- Episode 066: Son of a Motherless Goat
- Episode 067: The Standards of a Scoundrel
- Episode 068: More than one way to catch a fish.
- Episode 069: GM Visrias
- Episode 070: There be treasure to be had at Buccaneer's Den
- Episode 071: 3v1 at the Jhelom Farms.
- Episode 072: I am a leaf on the wind.
- Episode 073: Answer my prayers... OR ELSE!
- Episode 074: It seems I am discovered!
- Episode 075: Yo Yo Ma vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 076: Sticks & Stones
- Episode 077: Lost in the shadow of the bearded lady. (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 078: Lost in the shadow of the bearded lady. (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 079: The Art of Playing Dead
- Episode 080: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
- Episode 081: The Great Hall of Knowledge
- Episode 082: The Mystery of the Blood Soaked Vampire
- Episode 083: Chasing my tail at the Gate of Yew.
- Episode 084: They just don't build houses like they used to.
- Episode 085: All that stands between is a giant rune beetle.
- Episode 086: The Deal
- Episode 087: Fun with Red Gates (Part I)
- Episode 088: My good deed for the day.
- Episode 089: Lies, Despise, and Despair.
- Episode 090: Escapades of a Dishonest Man
- Episode 091: Black Magic
- Episode 092: My rock, his face, my poisonous dagger! (Part I)
- Episode 093: There was a time...
- Episode 094: Revenge is a meal best served cold.
- Episode 095: Early morning rhyme & rhythm to The Piper's Melody.
- Episode 096: The enemy of my enemy and more for me.
- Episode 097: Back in the shadow of the bearded lady.
- Episode 098: My rock, his face, my poisonous dagger! (Part II)
- Episode 099: I must consider my sins.
- Episode 100: The King of Thieves (Part I)
- Episode 101: Trickery in the Night
- Episode 102: Stealing from the rich and more for me.
- Episode 103: The Realm, The Waryor, and The Cunning.
- Episode 104: Be careful what you wish for.
- Episode 105: Public displays of circular wisdom.
- Episode 106: Six Little Words
- Episode 107: Minding other people's business in the heart of Despise.
- Episode 108: I'm red, and blue, and stink all over.
- Episode 109: Curious like a cat. Persistant like a dog.
- Episode 110: Sometimes I just can't help myself.
- Episode 111: Who is HaZe? (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 112: Who is HaZe? (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 113: \R\ vs. THIEF
- Episode 114: Armageddon in Magincia
- Episode 115: I love Trammies.
- Episode 116: When Packies Attack!
- Episode 117: Chasing my tail in the Lands of the Lost.
- Episode 118: Sometimes all you have to do is ask.
- Episode 119: Accepting candy from strangers. (Part 1 of 4)
- Episode 120: Accepting candy from strangers. (Part 2 of 4)
- Episode 121: Accepting candy from strangers. (Part 3 of 4)
- Episode 122: Accepting candy from strangers. (Part 4 of 4)
- Episode 123: A lesson in taming.
- Episode 124: Slaying dragons can be hazardous to your health.
- Episode 125: I spy with my little Eye.
- Episode 126: GM Balendros
- Episode 127: Tome of Forbidden Knowledge
- Episode 128: The Mystery of the Dueling Fletchers
- Episode 129: Tracking Red Gates to the Isle of Ice
- Episode 130: Lacking in Substance and in Fact
- Episode 131: Daily heckling from my latest fan.
- Episode 132: Crying was involved in the making of this story.
- Episode 133: My Little Black Book
- Episode 134: Overweight and Overburdened
- Episode 135: Fumbling and bumbling my way to victory.
- Episode 136: Mis-adventure Theatre Act 1, Scene 1
- Episode 137: King Scoundrel's Moral Dilemma
- Episode 138: 115 Chiv courtesy of Papa Smurt & W@R
- Episode 139: Failed Episodes Vol. 1 - Everclear's House Looting
- Episode 140: Failed Episodes Vol. 2 - A Week in Factions
- Episode 141: Failed Episodes Vol. 3 - Showdown with GM Willow
- Episode 142: Insurance haters beware! A thief is about!
- Episode 143: Confessions of a Newbie
- Episode 144: Confessions of an Angry Miner (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 145: Confessions of an Angry Miner (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 146: Confessions of an Amateur pk
- Episode 147: I'm a Ferret IRL
- Episode 148: I need gold. Yes, your gold.
- Episode 149: Thine mother is of goat's decent! Ye swine!
- Episode 150: My middle name is Chad Sexington!
- Episode 151: I met an orc today. It was glorious.
- Episode 152: Two different, yet equally intriguing truths.
- Episode 153: Vending is serious business.
- Episode 154: The Mystery of the Darkwood Armor
- Episode 155: Random vs. Chad Sexington (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 156: Random vs. Chad Sexington (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 157: Gilfane at Dawn
- Episode 158: Enough treasure to feed a starving country.
- Episode 159: The Alleged Pilfering
- Episode 160: Just another day at Skara Brae.
- Episode 161: Night at the Museum
- Episode 162: I'm a ninja and you can be one too.
- Episode 163: The Pawn Shop
- Episode 164: The blind leading the blind.
- Episode 165: Hijacking Today's Adventure
- Episode 166: A city full of dragons and more for me.
- Episode 167: The Mystique of Moonglow
- Episode 168: I'm a ferret and you can be one too.
- Episode 169: Master of Disguise (Part 1 of 3)
- Episode 170: Master of Disguise (Part 2 of 3)
- Episode 171: Master of Disguise (Part 3 of 3)
- Episode 172: by Female Slave
- Episode 173: Welcome to Barter Town
- Episode 174: Speedy Claxton vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 175: The gift that keeps on giving. (Part 1 of 4)
- Episode 176: The gift that keeps on giving. (Part 2 of 4)
- Episode 177: The gift that keeps on giving. (Part 3 of 4)
- Episode 178: The gift that keeps on giving. (Part 4 of 4)
- Episode 179: Daily contributions by Gilfane.
- Episode 180: Armor Repairs, Shmarmor Repairs
- Episode 181: The proceeds will go towards a good cause.
- Episode 182: The 1 Million Gold Challenge (Part 1 of 7)
- Episode 183: The 1 Million Gold Challenge (Part 2 of 7)
- Episode 184: The 1 Million Gold Challenge (Part 3 of 7)
- Episode 185: The 1 Million Gold Challenge (Part 4 of 7)
- Episode 186: The 1 Million Gold Challenge (Part 5 of 7)
- Episode 187: The 1 Million Gold Challenge (Part 6 of 7)
- Episode 188: The 1 Million Gold Challenge (Part 7 of 7)
- Episode 189: The Dashingly Handsome Thief Goes to the Dojo
- Episode 190: Moral Ambiguity
- Episode 191: Follow the Bunny Ears
- Episode 192: "The Code!" he says with semi-masculinity.
- Episode 193: The gift just keeps on giving.
- Episode 194: I'm a ninja and don't you forget it. (Part 1 of 3)
- Episode 195: I'm a ninja and don't you forget it. (Part 2 of 3)
- Episode 196: I'm a ninja and don't you forget it. (Part 3 of 3)
- Episode 197: I met a so-called orc today.
- Episode 198: Your face is my toilet.
- Episode 199: Early morning trespassing and more for me.
- Episode 200: The King of Thieves (Part II)
- Episode 201: It was just laying there.
- Episode 202: A Short History Lesson in Thievery
- Episode 203: Slaying wyrms can be hazardous to your health.
- Episode 204: Stealing with a smile on their faces.
- Episode 205: EM Alcor (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 206: EM Alcor (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 207: A Sticky Situation
- Episode 208: Gift Exchange
- Episode 209: New faces, old places, no traces, and me.
- Episode 210: Where all dreams come true.
- Episode 211: To whoever looted Tigerdyr after our duel.
- Episode 212: I just killed a man.
- Episode 213: (I think he's angry.)
- Episode 214: Naked Ladies and Bottles of Ale
- Episode 215: Two times the thievery.
- Episode 216: W^R vs. Barter Town
- Episode 217: Enough treasure to feed a thousand thieves.
- Episode 218: The Isle of Love (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 219: The Isle of Love (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 220: Keeps won't empty themselves.
- Episode 221: How Embarrassing (Part 1 of 3)
- Episode 222: How Embarrassing (Part 2 of 3)
- Episode 223: How Embarrassing (Part 3 of 3)
- Episode 224: Trapped in the Closet
- Episode 225: Thief Gate
- Episode 226: Unlikely Treasures in my Old Stomping Grounds
- Episode 227: Do you like my hammer? (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 228: Do you like my hammer? (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 229: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 1 of 12)
- Episode 230: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 2 of 12)
- Episode 231: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 3 of 12)
- Episode 232: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 4 of 12)
- Episode 233: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 5 of 12)
- Episode 234: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 6 of 12)
- Episode 235: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 7 of 12)
- Episode 236: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 8 of 12)
- Episode 237: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 9 of 12)
- Episode 238: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 10 of 12)
- Episode 239: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 11 of 12)
- Episode 240: One year, two months, and twelve days. (Part 12 of 12)
- Episode 241: One hammer for me, none for you.
- Episode 242: Tragic Bloody Shame
- Episode 243: Just another bank steal.
- Episode 244: The Recruits and The Trials
- Episode 245: Slim Pickings (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 246: Slim Pickings (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 247: A Thousand Fortunes in the Night
- Episode 248: Modern Technology
- Episode 249: Just another champion spawn.
- Episode 250: Enkil Visigoth vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 251: Tough Negotiations
- Episode 252: Someone Else's Shoes
- Episode 253: Ignorance is Bliss
- Episode 254: Modern Technology 2
- Episode 255: A Very Fine Hat
- Episode 256: GM Nacau and the Quicksand Trap
- Episode 257: Be Advised
- Episode 258: Fuck Pola
- Episode 259: Selling 100 "Stolen" Items
- Episode 260: Modern Technology 3
- Episode 261: Native Canadian vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 262: The Isle of Hate (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 263: The Isle of Hate (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 264: The Sky is Falling
- Episode 265: Max Jr.
- Episode 266: The Magic Box
- Episode 267: The Good Stuff
- Episode 268: The Recruits and The Test
- Episode 269: Anck-Su-Namun vs. Chad Sexington
- Episode 270: Modern Technology 4
- Episode 271: The Six Step Protocol
- Episode 272: Modern Technology 5
- Episode 273: A funny man wearing an equally funny hat.
- Episode 274: A funny house with equally funny people.
- Episode 275: The Recruits and The Mission
- Episode 276: The Great Turkey Invasion
- Episode 277: Guardian KX vs. Sweet Bugs
- Episode 278: Follow the Greed
- Episode 279: Arrr! There Be Booty! (Part 1 of 3)
- Episode 280: Arrr! There Be Booty! (Part 2 of 3)
- Episode 281: Arrr! There Be Booty! (Part 3 of 3)
- Episode 282: The Recruits and The Code
- Episode 283: Modern Technology 6
- Episode 284: Bloody Mary vs. Small Crate
- Episode 285: Long time, no steal.
- Episode 286: Things are good.
- Episode 287: "A STUPID Theif" (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 288: "A STUPID Theif" (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 289: A Mighty Fine Hat
- Episode 290: The Great Turkey Massacre
- Episode 291: Minding other people's business.
- Episode 292: Scroll of Magery
- Episode 293: Duke vs. Chad Sexington (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 294: Duke vs. Chad Sexington (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 295: The Newbie and The Death Gate
- Episode 296: Welcome to Siege! (Part 1 of 2)
- Episode 297: Welcome to Siege! (Part 2 of 2)
- Episode 298: Green Acres
- Episode 299: Modern Technology 7
- Episode 300: The King of Thieves (Part III)
In January of 2010, I finally end my journey. And if I may say, I believe I accomplished what I set out to do. Thieving is
never going to be as it once was. That's a fact. You're never going to be able to get away with a lot of the things you
used to. There are less people to steal from and less things to steal, but it can still be done. I'm not the first one to
write episodes, not even close. There was a time when the creative juices were flowing on every shard. If not episodes,
then comics. If not comics, then stories. Those juices are drying up. And as I look around, it looks like I may be the
last. Some people hail Kingdom Reborn as a new beginning. They list reason upon reason why UO is going in the right
direction. But I say to you this:
Where are the stories of glory and treasure?
There are no others and I'll tell you why. There's nothing glorious about sitting on a ledge and farming dragons with
energy vortexes. There's nothing glorious about everyone having everything. There's nothing glorious about taking the
humanity out of adventure. And I think that's what people are forgetting. Trammel was born and the real player interaction
was lost. I'm talking about the risk filled interaction. The unknown around every corner. Guild hunts and guild meetings aplenty, but
the problem is that everyone is king.
The sad truth is, in the grand scheme of things, everyone starts in neutral. And in order to hear tales of great adventure,
someone needs to get knocked down a peg for someone else to rise. And that's why it no longer exists. People wouldn't and
couldn't accept a world where others would gain from their expense. The gods agreed and decreed that their safety come
first. And with it, was the beginning of the end of those glorious tales that will never come again. Much safety and security
was gained from the changes over the years... but something else was lost. I might not have been the first, but from
the way things are going, it looks like I may be the last.
**Note: The Epilogue was written after I finished Episode 100. I didn't plan on continuing the
mis-adventures after that. Whenever I post a new episode I bump the date where I say, "...I finally end my journey."
Copyright © 2006-2011 uothief.com
All Rights Reserved